We are excited to announce June’s Educator of the Month, Professor Larry Chiagouris from Pace University. Dr. Chiagouris was nominated by a previous student for his “passionate teaching style and commitment to his students.”
Learn more about Professor Larry Chiagouris below!
1. Where do you work, and how long have you been working in education?
I am a Professor at the Lubin School of Business, Pace University. I have been teaching since 1989.
2. What made you want to work in education?
The opportunity to make a positive impact in the lives of young people seeking career direction.
3. What do you love most about your job?
The hard-working students who want to do something of value with their lives.
4. What’s your fondest student memory?
Watching a student put all of his or her learning together and arrive at an important insight about the way the world works.
5. How has the pandemic affected your teaching style and what have you done to overcome it?
Yes, it highlights how fragile life is and that we all should recognize that our time together is limited and we should not waste it.
6. If you could offer students one piece of advice, what would it be?
Carefully think through all major decisions but always trust your instincts.
Want to nominate your own incredible financial aid advisor, teacher, principal, or administrator? Do it here.