1. My parents make too much money for me to qualify for aid.
Many other factors go into the decision, the only way to find out is to apply!
2. College not an option for me, it’s too expensive.
Financial aid can make college an option for everyone, all you have to do is apply.
3. The FAFSA® is only for student loans.
The FAFSA® is for grants, scholarships, loans, and work-study eligibility.
4. I only have to fill out the FAFSA® once.
You have to fill out the FAFSA® every year.
5. It doesn’t matter when I turn in the FAFSA®, as long as it’s before the deadline.
Financial aid is given on a first come first served basis, so fill out the form ASAP!
6. I won’t qualify for aid because my grades aren’t good enough.
Grades actually have little to do with how much financial aid is given.
7. I can’t submit the FAFSA® until my parents do their taxes.
Just use an estimate from last year and submit a correction later on.