Large companies and corporations set money aside each year to fund a variety of scholarships. Although some companies only offer scholarships to their employees and their families, many offer scholarships for the general public as well.
The good thing about these large corporate scholarships is that they’re not all awarded based on merit. You can win these scholarships based on your major or area of study, where you live or even a quirky hobby.
Here’s a list of some of America’s largest corporations and the scholarships they’re offering students.
- James W. McLamore Foundation Scholarship: $50,000
- Burger King Scholarships Program: $1,000
- Leaders of Promise: $1,000
- Scholars Program Scholarship: $20,000
- Wal-Mart Associate Scholarship
- Wal-Mart Dependent Scholarship: $3,200
- AISES Google Scholarship
- Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship
- Generation Google Scholarship: $10,000
- Google Lime Scholarship: $10,000
- General Scholarships
- Women’s Scholarships
- Minority Scholarships
- Scholarships for Students with Disabilities
- Athletes Scholarship: $20,000
- Ken C. Hicks Scholarship: $25,000
More Notable Companies & Scholarships
Dell Scholars Program: $20,000
Ronald McDonald House Charities: $100,000
Chevron Corporation Scholarship: $5,000
CVS Business Scholarships: $5,000
Exxon/Mobil National Scholarship: $2,000-$20,000
Ford Driving Dreams Scholarship: $2,000
GE: Reagan Foundation Scholarship: $40,000
John Deere Dealer Scholarship: $2,000
Marriott International Scholarship: $10,000
Raytheon-SVA Patriot Scholarship: $10,000
Shell Oil Company Technical Scholarships: $2,500 for freshmen, renewed at $5,000 after freshmen year
Toshiba Machine Co. Scholarship: $2,500
Tylenol Future Care Scholarships: $2,500, $5,000 and $10,000
There are hundreds, if not thousands, of other well-known companies that offer very sizeable scholarship awards. If you’re interested in finding more corporate-funded scholarships, click here.
Keep in mind when applying for scholarships that many will require you also file your FAFSA®. So get a head start on the application process and file yours today.